Village is a bonding and learning experience for parent and baby.
Age range: Newborn to 18 months
Class length: 30-45 minutes
Who knew that gazing into your baby’s eyes could be the most exciting part of your day? In Kindermusik, we understand how precious this time is with your little one. That’s why we created Village.
In a Kindermusik Village class, we take those special bonding moments between you and your baby and add in a unique blend of musical learning activities that stimulate and engage all of the senses. Your educator will teach you how to encourage your baby’s learning through vocal play, object exploration, instruments, and creative movement.
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE IN CLASS
- Variety of music. Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument play. Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhances a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance. A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together time. A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural love of music.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development
- Learning continues at home. With the home materials, the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and babies, ages newborn to 18 months
- 16-week semester with two different, eight week themes (can vary by location)
- Weekly 30-45-minute class (can vary by location) that includes new and unique parent and baby activities
- You’ll learn over 30 songs, lullabies, and nursery rhymes and do more than 200 activities together by the semester’s end
- At Home Materials that includes a CD of music from class, literature board book, age-appropriate instrument, and art banner
Encourage your toddler’s creativity, self-confidence, and self-control in a secure environment where he—and you—can sing, move, play instruments, and explore the world.
Our Time helps your toddler blossom and grow right before your eyes!
Age range: 18 months to 3 years
Class length: 45 minutes (length varies by location)
For your toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world around him. Despite their growing independence, toddlers still long for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, she relishes the comfort of familiar things while seeking new challenges.
Kindermusik Our Time encourages her to be creative, to initiate her own ideas and to respond in her own ways, while your active participation gives her the security she needs. As you play instruments, sing, move, and explore, you’ll uncover an engaging musical world while building your child’s confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE IN CLASS
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead her to discover her potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Vocal play. Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time. Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
- Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her learn to read music.
- Movement Activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time. Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and toddlers 18 months to 3 years old
- 15-week semester (can vary by location)
- Weekly 45-minute class (can vary by location)
- A set of At Home Materials that includes Family Activity Guide, two literature books, instrument, and two CDs of music from class