Village is a bonding and learning experience for parent and baby.
Age range: Newborn to 18 months
Class length: 30-45 minutes
Who knew that gazing into your baby’s eyes could be the most exciting part of your day? In Kindermusik, we understand how precious this time is with your little one. That’s why we created Village.
In a Kindermusik Village class, we take those special bonding moments between you and your baby and add in a unique blend of musical learning activities that stimulate and engage all of the senses. Your educator will teach you how to encourage your baby’s learning through vocal play, object exploration, instruments, and creative movement.
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE IN CLASS
• Variety of music. Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
• Instrument play. Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhances a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
• Dance. A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
• Together time. A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural love of music.
• Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development
• Learning continues at home. With the home materials, the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!
• Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and babies, ages newborn to 18 months
• 16-week semester with two different, eight week themes (can vary by location)
• Weekly 30-45-minute class (can vary by location) that includes new and unique parent and baby activities
• You’ll learn over 30 songs, lullabies, and nursery rhymes and do more than 200 activities together by the semester’s end
• At Home Materials that includes a CD of music from class, literature board book, age-appropriate instrument, and art banner
Encourage your toddler’s creativity, self-confidence, and self-control in a secure environment where he—and you—can sing, move, play instruments, and explore the world.